Caulerpa tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjsanders757

Aquarium Advice Freak
I wanted to grow macroalgae but the only thing that I could I keep alive was caulerpa so I took some out of my refugium(one leaf with runner) and put it into a separate tank with a whisper filter for movement and a soft white 60 watt bulb. The caulerpa is already growing the runner and has three new blades growing. Hopefully It grows enough to harvest and make some money. :)

Caleurpa may not be the best bet for a money making venture. It's very available and people tend to give it away or throw it away.
A few bucks wisely spent can get you some very cool specimens. Try different varieties of Gracilliara (round and flat, red and green), halymenia, chaetomorpha, etc. These are specimens that people are far more likely to pay money for. And my halymenia is growing quite large.

Unfortunately nothing else grows for me not even chaeto. -.- kinda disappointing I've spent a good amount of money on different algaes so far

What kind of lighting do you have over the fuge and on what schedule? How many fish in the connected display tank?

In my 80 gallon i have 2 clowns one chromis and a columbian shark. In the separate tank nothing but sand and rubble

Back
Top Bottom