CBS with Cleaner Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc118

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Will they do ok? I have always had a CBS in my tanks, I like thier "ninja" personalities. I have never had cleaner shrimp but with the addition of a few fish I feel it is time to get a cleaning station going. Will there be any conflicts with them? They will be in a 4ft tank with plenty of rock.

There is a good possibility the CBS might attack the cleaner.

Hmmm...that would not be a good thing...especially with the price tag of cleaners.

I have some deliberating to do.

Thanks

To be honest I`ve heard some horror stories about the two but I`ve also heard from people that have said they had good results. Evidently it`s a crap shoot on what will happen.

I also heard horror stories, but i know people that have kept both for years with no issues.

Ok heres my .02

Make sure the cbs is smaller than the cleaner. I have a cbs who is huge! and I also have a good size cleaner shrimp in the tank with him and they do alright. The cbs does not tolerate the cleaner being in his way though. Just make sure the cleaner has enough outs no matter what happens. Keeping everyone well fed is also a good idea. These 2 are together in a mixed 37g reef with a 10 inch serpent, emerald crab etc etc. Good luck!

111285Fullshotgallery_photo.JPG

Thanks for all the input guys, I ended up moving the CBS to another tank. I really want these cleaners and I got them dirt cheap from a friend. Even with the nice price I dont want to risk coming up to a mangled quality shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom