Chocolate Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gregp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wondering if anyone has one? I've had mine for a few monthes and he's made best friends with my foxface. I've also got a coral beauty who seems to keep to himself. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with these guys?

75g, HOB, p.skimmer, 80lbs of LR, 40lbs base.

*This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of theUser Agreement could result in removal from our community.* QS
when you are saying chocolate tang you are refering to a hybrid of the yellow tang, a mutation. So, he could get aggressive but you have fish most likely bigger then him

What I have heard of referred to as a chocolate tan is Acanthurus pyroferus, is that the hybrid you were referring to pumakrieg, and is not a hybrid. It is commonly called a mimic tang or a phillipine yellow tang.

Also be advised if this is the tang your looking at, make sure you know where it was imported from, they are commonly cyanide caught.

If he was caught with cyanide, generally how long would one last? I've had mine for over 3 monthes and he's really doing great. He is still alittle skidish, but is alone now with my foxface. (My poor CB passed away two weeks ago)

Back
Top Bottom