Circulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55g tank and was wondering if two power circulation heads one at each end would be good? Or would just one be fine?

The size of what? I just have a circulation pump that fits 30-55g. 2650 Iph...what you guys think? Put another one in?

And like where is the best place to put them? The top?

You have you 2 power heads for a 55g FW tank? What's your stock and what are you trying to accomplish?

No I only have one. I was wondering if I should get two? And where would the best place to place it or them if I need another one

No I only have one. I was wondering if I should get two? And where would the best place to place it or them if I need another one

Ok. What do you have in your tank? What size tank? What are you trying to accomplish?

I have a power head in my cichlid tank. It's a Koralia 750. I use it to help debris from settling on the sand.

I would use 3 1 on either end one in front one to the rear both blowing in different directions one in the center blowing towards front glass in a upward position
4ft tanks have lots of dead spots and this way everything is covered

3 is a good idea. If your gonna spend the money on the 3 power heads I'd get a MP40. That's just me though.

In just trying to help get rid of fish poop on the ground. Should I point the pumps down? So what I'm guessing is get another one?

3 is a good idea. If your gonna spend the money on the 3 power heads I'd get a MP40. That's just me though.

Agreed... BUT, you can find Koralia's for short money, like $55 for a 1400, so you can still get away with 3 for less than half an MP40. Not saying anything bad about the MP40 Con, I want one myself! But if you find the right spot the Koralia's are the best powerheads for the money...

Agreed... BUT, you can find Koralia's for short money, like $55 for a 1400, so you can still get away with 3 for less than half an MP40. Not saying anything bad about the MP40 Con, I want one myself! But if you find the right spot the Koralia's are the best powerheads for the money...

Haha I hear ya and I agree also. Just saying if it were me :)

I like the sleek look and more room in the tank. Remember I had it both ways and like more room in the tank.

One day you'll get it :)

I know dude the MP40's are sick. Once my 75 is up and running I may invest in 1... Or 2 !

So do you place at the top of the tank? Or near the bottom? Like where would be ideal?

So do you place at the top of the tank? Or near the bottom? Like where would be ideal?

I have mine about halfway down. You want to have some surface agitation but also flow on the bottom so poop and old food doesn't settle and can be filtered better...

How does it sound to get a smaller powered one for the other end surfaced more at sand level for poop and stuff?

I have 2 Koralia Evo 1400's at opposite ends about halfway down. They're on a Hydor wave maker so they alternate running for 7 min intervals. There are so many diff ways of running them, you need to just play around with them to see what works in your tank. You need to make sure the water flows around your rocks and keeps debris suspended in the water column. If you have one facing down you will end up with a bare spot on the bottom of the tank...

Back
Top Bottom