Clarkii Clown Fish Throwing Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

basket440

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys my tank is about 2 weeks old and I started with live rock/sand so my tank does have low enough ammonia and nitride levels to add fish (I also added biozyme which really seemed to speed things along). So i decided to add 2 clarkii clowns and a royal gramma to the excising 2 damsels (had to remove one but thats a diffrent story). I started swiching to the frozen brine shirmp and they love it but i noticed it looked like one of the clowns was throwing up now i feed them later in the day (dry food) and it looked like he did it again and the other clown gobbled it up (ahh nature). Now my question is should I be concered the fish are not showing signs of rapid breathing or white spots but I want to be careful. Also I thought I may be over feeding them but the shrimp was their first meal. Thanks guys!

Do you mean spitting it out or actually throwing up? Fish spit stuff out sometimes, but I've never heard of throwing up. Good luck to you and you new fish.

my magnificent foxface will draw in a piece of mysis and will spit it back out and will continue this until she feels like eating it...you can easily tell if a fish is eating by looking at its stomach..if the stomach is expanding than he is eating and you have nothing to worry about...

Ok thanks guys that would make a little more scene. It does seem to happen after feeding time some times but maybe its just poop and I'm to far away to see what end its coming out of haha. Thanks again everyone!

Back
Top Bottom