Cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4127john

Aquarium Advice Freak
My cleaner shrimp isn't eating any of the pellets that are dropping. I hand fed him some but he doesn't care. When I feed him some tetra flakes he eats it. What do I do

I feed new life spectrum pellets and my cleaner shrimp doesn't really care for them, but my fire shrimp does. They both like flakes. Maybe it's just a preference. If he's not getting enough food, feed frozen foods if you don't already.

4127john said:
My cleaner shrimp isn't eating any of the pellets that are dropping. I hand fed him some but he doesn't care. When I feed him some tetra flakes he eats it. What do I do

Feed other food, most cleaners will readily accept flakes or frozen foods. Also plankton

My cleaner shrimp doesn't like new life spectrum too. I'm gonna try to buy frozen mysis shrimp and try out

My cleaner will eat almost anything I put in the tank including stuff off my hands! Love that chopsticks lol

I have a coral-banded shrimp and I never fed him. He just scavenged for food in the rock crevis' and eats any pellets that fell to the sand.

But I just got an anemone, so in order to prevent him from trying to scavenge off and pluck at the anemone I've started to target feed him thawed out frozen Mysis, he goes CRAZY for it.

Back
Top Bottom