Cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasoncwrd2002

Aquarium Advice Freak
So couple questions.

1 had mine for 10 days now. Stays in one of my cave rocks when lights on comes out in the dark. Is this normal.

2. Has these little green areas on the bottom near the tail. What is that?

Most shrimp tend to be nocturnal. Hiding from the light is fairly normal, even for the three species that I have in my tank. Almost all of them typically hang out vertically or even upside down. As far as the green spots, it sounds like you may have a female that is berried. But I am not the expert on that…

Researched the berried and seen a pic an I believe you are right. Still want that thing to come out. The LFS has a display tank and there shrimp is always out

Mine get more and more adventurous as time goes on. They are just cautious and timid creatures by nature. Who can blame them when you become a soft gooey snack after your skin sloughs off when you grow.

Lol yea good point. I got the biggest one they had too. Another thing is he is scared of my clownfish I think. Him and the goby share a home an I think wrasse hangs out in there too

Mine are always out, even after they molt. I'm sure it will just take some time. As for the eggs, I'm sure that is what they are, cleaners are hermaphroditic, they will all carry eggs and can all fertilize another's eggs. I have 2 and they are constantly doing this. It makes for some good coral and/or fish food. They are near impossible to raise.

Mine are always out, even after they molt. I'm sure it will just take some time. As for the eggs, I'm sure that is what they are, cleaners are hermaphroditic, they will all carry eggs and can all fertilize another's eggs. I have 2 and they are constantly doing this. It makes for some good coral and/or fish food. They are near impossible to raise.

I wonder if this is the same fire shrimp...? I honestly did not k ow that about cleaners!

Actually got two clownfish and a wrasse and goby. Clownfish dont mess with it tho. The damsels I had in originally did but that's why there in the sump right now. I wanna flush them but wife says no. But she leaves on sunday to goto the mainland

Back
Top Bottom