Cleaner shrimp m.i.a

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidward

Aquarium Advice Freak
75 gl fowler 50 lbs of lr - so my cleaner shrimp just disappeared i cant find any remains of it if it did get eaten but i dont think my fish would eat it ( yellow tang , hippo tang , coral beauty , 2 clowns , golden head goby

I lost 5 cleaner shrimp recently in my tank. Only found the remains of 3. :-( I think either my pistol shrimp is getting them or my tang is.

BTW, do you have a place to put those tangs when they outgrow your tank? The hippo tang alone I believe requires a 180g tank and the yellow one needs a 125g. They are both very stress prone and a smaller tank will only do for so long. :)

There was a thread on here a couple days ago with someone who actually saw her yellow tang picking at her cleaner. I havent seen mine in action but I now have my doubts on my pistol shrimp being the killer after seeing that thread.

Wish someone else would chime in, I'm really curious, and i don't wanna waste another $100 bucks on cleaners if they are going to be eaten.

It might have been the clowns eating them too. I witnessed one of my clowns carrying one of my cleaners in its mouth. It then proceeded to eat it.

It might have been the clowns eating them too. I witnessed one of my clowns carrying one of my cleaners in its mouth. It then proceeded to eat it.

Seriously? Now that's a scary thought. I have the yellow tang, lawnmower blenny, watchman goby and a pair of clowns. So it could be any of the fish I have pretty much? lol And here I was getting ready to rehome the pistol shrimp.

Seriously? Now that's a scary thought. I have the yellow tang, lawnmower blenny, watchman goby and a pair of clowns. So it could be any of the fish I have pretty much? lol And here I was getting ready to rehome the pistol shrimp.

Yup, unfortunately some fish appear to be delinquents and break the rules.

Back
Top Bottom