Cleaner Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tell us a little about your tank first so we understand what your working with
age of tank
water parameters ect
tank inhabitants fish/inverts ect
and welcome to AA

75 gallon, 9 months old, and everything tested good. I have 65pds of live rock also. No coral or anemones. All peaceful fish

They tend to be a little aggressive, Esp towards any fish that are similar shape or size. I have one in a 37 and he goes after my purple firefish and my court jester. Both are bigger than him as well. Also mine will only eat mysis and brine. He doesn't like pellets. Don't know if this is common just thought id share it

If you get one, make sure it eats at the store. They, like mandarins, are difficult to keep alive. Most starve to death.

Besides brine shrimp and pods, do you know what else?

Besides brine shrimp and pods, do you know what else?

Mysis and he likes krill. Sometimes when I'm feeding my other tanks ill throw a little shrimp or scallops in there and he chomps that down in two seconds.

Certain cleaner wrasse fish feed on the mucus of other fish making them parasitic.

I'm sorry Alowry! I just realized that you were asking about cleaner wrasse. For some reason of me not reading right, I thought you were asking about a six line or Christmas wrasse.

I did however have a cleaner, they are good little guys. Mine was a pig and I never had a hard time giving him anything. He ate everything with no problems across the board. I didn't like that he was a bit skittish and I decided to go with cleaner shrimp instead so I gave him away, but they are pretty hardy little guys.

Sorry for the misinfo!

They are very hard to keep alive. I`ve never been able to keep one alive longer that 5 months. IMO they are better off left in the ocean.

Back
Top Bottom