Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Cleaning BioCube

I've got a few questions pertaining to cleaning the chambers of the BioCube 14G (specifically the 3rd chamber). I would appreciate any input/advice from people who have/had BioCubes, or are just familiar with them

1) There appears to be a fair amount of sand or something on the floor of chamber 3 where the return pump sits....any way to get that out, or does it not even matter if it stays and just sits on the floor?

2) I noticed that the blue sponge in there builds up gunk quite fast. In the manual it says to rinse it weekly, but I have heard others say that rinsing it washes away the beneficial bacteria that helps fight off nitrates, etc. What is everyones' take on what to do with the sponge?

3) How often should I be disconnecting the tube that connects to the return pump and rinsing the inside of that?

As always, thank you to everyone who offers any input! Everyone on here has been super helpful to me as I have gotten into the saltwater hobby.
jamesd28 is offline   Reply With Quote

bio, biocube, clean, cleaning, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com