Yeah buy a toothbrush and clean the peices in some old tank water when you do your next water change. Just make sure you keep them in the water as much as possible. Also might be worth while trying to find the reason why your have so much algae growth and combat it that way also. I had the same kinda prob with algae till I managed to get my phos levels down.
This is what I did. I put my live rock in a tub of salt water that had one nice dual power head. I put a small bottle of hydrogen peroxide in and covered it up. Now about a month later my rock looks like pearl white and none of that crazy algae or those nasty worms that make the webs. I took a tooth brush and lightly brushed the junk off that the power head didn't blow off. It worked like a champ.