I did a tear down and eww is all i can say. I didnt find any fish but there was a buildup of junk. I matched the waters ph and temp in my bucket and i rinsed all i could from the rocks by soaking them and giving them a gently shake underwater.
I just tested the water ammonia is .50 which is half of what it was. Im making more water now and will do another water change to bring the ammonia down further. I ordered a hob
filter, so i can run carbon when the need comes up and also so i can use the mechanical filtration blocks.
My phosphates is up but my nitrates are down. I really cleaned the sand as best i could and was ashamed at the dirty water.