Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Question cloudy water

My tank has become cloudy over night and i cant clear it up!!what can i do.

joe&rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Ummm... going to need a little more info. Have you done anything different in the last week with your tank? Added any new fish? Added any medication? Last time since you changed the water? You get the idea...

My standby advice in a situation like this: a 20% water change never hurts.

[Edit: Is this the same tank we were talking about here: Bad levels

If so, then it could just be a bacterial bloom from the tank cycling. How are your ammonia/nitrite levels?]

Kurt_Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Water parameters? NH3 can cause cloudy water (and a foul smell). If the tank is cycling then let it ride. It is normal. If the tank has already cycled then look to water parameters. Do a water change and try using some GAC and filter pads to help clear things up.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote

cloud, cloudy, cloudy water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com