Cloudy Water HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayhawker518

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I woke up this morning went to check out my tank and the water is cloudy. Ive had my tank for just about a year and ive never really had a problem. I checked it out the Nitrates are 0 and the PH is 7.8 I did a PWC and its still a little cloudy. No dead fish or anything I see.

Any ideas? Help!

Ok more info, its still the same no change. It looks like a white mist inside the tank.
Its like when a guiness is first poured it needs to settle

Please someone have any ideas. I dont want to lose my tank

It`s hard to tell but my first order of business would be to do some frequent PWC`s. Maybe 20% at a time every other day for a few days. When ever you have a problem you can never go wrong by doing PWC`s and most of the time they help. Post some water test results so we can see if there are any problems from that standpoint.

Hey thanks Melosu. I did a PWC yesterday and Ill do one today when I get home from work.
PH 7.8
Amm 0
No2 0
No3 0
Temp 81

Everything seems normal which is the odd part.

I noticed when I woke up today that there is some white/tan foam at the top of the tank near the glass edge. Any ideas? My fish all seem to be alive but Im sure they are not happy.

What should I look for next?

You can get rid of that foam by aiming a ph at the surface. What do you have in your filter, carbon?

Ok ill re aim my PH. I have an HOB filter and yes it has a carbon filter. I replaced it last night thinking that might help.
Anything else?

Jayhawker518 said:
I noticed when I woke up today that there is some white/tan foam at the top of the tank near the glass edge. ...

Have you ever had this before? Or is this the first time you've seen it?

Have you recently changed your feeding schedule, habits, or what you're feeding?

Powerheads at the surface will break up the foam, but it seems like if it's a new thing it's another symptom of what could be wrong. But what that is, I haven't a clue!

Do you run a skimmer on your tank? They would remove that protien skim and DOC`s in the tank.

Ok, well good news. The cloudyness is gone and the foam on the top is slowing going away. My fish look a little upset hopefully that will subside. I just did PWC's which seem to do it.

My feeding schedule was a little different I changed the type of food I was feeding which could of started the problem. I have gone back to mysis shrimp and a veggie pellet every other day. We will see.

I hope they become happy again. I thought things were going really well.
I dont have a protein skimmer or a fuge or anything, but when I move out of the apartment these are all things I will be upgrading including the tank size.

Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom