clown breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluefishyjoe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two percula clowns in my tank.

they are both around 14 months old.

And i am pretty sure i have 1 boy and one girl (because they are the same age and were the same size when i bought them, and now one is noticeably larger)

I would like to try and breed the clowns, or at least try when they are fully mature,

does anyone know where i should go from here? to get them to breed

huh?

what do you mean by *beep*?

if it is what i think it is then u are very perverted, if not then tell me what it means

also how do i know if my fish are sexually mature?

that "*beep*" will automatically show up when someone types a word that is on the list of words that arent allowed. the moderators set it up to keep this forum clean of any offensive language.

as for you actual question. clowns will mate when they are good and ready. you cant force them into mating, and some clowns never breed in captivity.

one thing you should do is read "Clownfish" by Joyce Wilkerson. that should give you a good start on the clownfish breeding process. oh, and you are going to need a lot of extra equipment to raise baby clowns.

~mike

i am gunna try an put a picture up of my clowns next to each other, can you all look and tell me by size if ones a boy an other girl i might not get the pic up til tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom