Clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have 2 clownfish the bigger of the two is the female. And if they are both the same size just wait until you see one show'n it's dominance and that one will become the female.

Lmao , I bought a small clown before to pair with mine and I had him for about two weeks maybe a little less and they were always together and he died now I bought another small one yesterday so you think they will still pair ?

How big is your resident clown? How long have you had him? My wife insists I say I(she) is offended by the female aggression statements! But can't say I disagree.

My big one is about a inch and a hafe and I had em for 3 months and I just got the small clown yesterday I have a small clown already in their for 2 weeks but he died so I got another one Becasue I wanna try to pair them

I hope so I deff want a pair not even about mating them just think its mad cool to have pair Becasue their always together u know

Saltwaterking said:
I hope so I deff want a pair not even about mating them just think its mad cool to have pair Becasue their always together u know

That's exactly why I'm getting a pair.

You may even want to try 1 black in the pair. I've had some very cool fry as a result.

U can put a black one with the orange one ? I thought that had to be the same ?

Saltwaterking said:
U can put a black one with the orange one ? I thought that had to be the same ?

Not at all. As long as they're the same species, they'll be fine. I'm doing one regular and one black and white Ocellaris in my biocube.

You get both orange and black true perculas. You should not mix different species of clowns but colour variations of the same species are okay.

Now don't get tempted and get a 3rd. Once they get older they will pair and make the odd one out miserable!

Dam lol I wish I knew before I would of did that , but yeah I'm not going do that to the clowns Becasue I don't want them to pair and have one left out that's not right

What kind of tank are you running anyway? Any idea why the clown died?

I got a 30 biocube yeah he died Becasue I bought a power head for more circulation in my tank and the one I bought was way to power full for my tank and I didn't know that and it blew my baby clown into the rocks an the walls of my tank and killed him so it was my mistake

Back
Top Bottom