Clown Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonniewoodruff

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a pair of clown fish that I have had for about 6-8 months. They have always been together. They always slept together and seem to get along well. Last night I noticed that one of them is not with the other. One is by the cleaning magnet(their home?)and the other is in a cave. Is this normal? I am wondering if there could be eggs laid. I have a few shrimp and not sure if they would eat them or not. They are in a 60 gallon cube. They are the only fish in the tank. I have a few snails, shrimp, brittle starfish and some crabs.:fish2:

There may be some eggs, and from my knowledge, if the pair aren't conflicting in anyway, everything should be fine. Also, I haven't had much experience with Shrimp, Molluscs etc. but I'm pretty sure that they won't harm the eggs, or if so, not many of them.

- Chris

my clowns hang out together during the day but split up at night one sleeps in my torch, and the other sleeps in a cave , almost like a safe place,
seems like normal behavior,
no 2 clowns are alike they all have there own personality

About 4 months ago our snowflake clown started hosting the lower back right corner of the tank...no eggs, no mating behavior. What ive learned is to not question their behaviors and let them go about their business

Back
Top Bottom