Clown Fish Acting Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcroteau

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just inherited a clown fish (you know the one like NEMO). I'm certain he's not acting right. He seems healthy but he hangs out at the top corner of the tank and is constantly swimming with his nose in the glass corner. Its as if his swim bladder won't empty to allow him to adjust his bouyancy. He can force himself down to chase food but otherwise can't stay down. His tank mates are : 1 hippo tang, 1 yellow tang, 1 damsel, 1 fire angel. They all leave him alone. All the tank mates seem very healthy, I've tested the nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, pH, salinity. The water looks great. SO, what's wrong with my clown?

I have 2 clowns and they hung out at the top for a long time. I even got worried because one would lay on it's side like it was dying but I guess tha is just how it sleeps because I have had them for a month now and he still lays on his side. Mine also looked like at times they were bumping onto the glass or having a seizure and hitting the glass but they are fine and now swim around in the tank all the time until you turn out the lights then they hang out at the top corner of the tank. I have about decided that clown fish are just weird....LOL.

As the name infers...clown, they tend to act wierd sometimes. Mine did the same thing. He would also swim laps over and over and over.

My clown used to always stay at the top corner until I added more liverock and now he swims everywhere until the lights go out and then he ventures back up to the top corner behind the skimmer box and goes back to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom