Clown fish advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amaxwell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had two clownfish and one had died a little bit ago. I wanted to introduce another clownfish an anemone in but heard the clown fish can be aggressive if not brought in together. Any advice on this? Thanks

Agree with above, try and find out why the clown died before replacing it. If the tank is still young best to wait before adding an anemone - they are sensitive inverts that require clean, stable parameters and intense lighting and there are no guarantees your clowns will host anyway :)

I had a power outage a few years ago lost everything except one clown. When I got it all up and running again I paired the new clown with the anemone then put them in. There was a little hesitation between the two clowns but within about 6 months they were breeders!!

We had been on vacation and my brother topped out tank off twice with slat water so the salinity was high. It's almost back to normal now... Not going to get it for a few weeks until everything has checked out for a few weeks straight. We have a 75 gallon tank. Temp 80. Nitrates 0 ammonia is 0 ph looks to be around 8.1 and salinity is still high at 1.031

Oh and tank has been cycled. We bought it off craigslist and it was running for 5 years prior and we've had it for about 9 months..

Back
Top Bottom