Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to muleycrazy
Exclamation Clown Fish Eggs-help please

My clown fish spawned and the eyes are developing. And I of course didn't see them till last night. I been so busy with work, yes bad fish mommy. Anyways, Is it safe to remove the live rock they are attached to and put in a rearing tank? Do I have to catch the parents and put in the rearing tank? I wasn't expecting my clownfish to spawn. So I am gathering everything I can. I can't get in rotifers shipped here till Saturday. I live where no stores carry them and the largest city that is 1.5 hours away at the saltwater fish stores don't carry them. So if they hatch tonight, I don't have anything for them to feed on. Can I feed they zooplankton or phytoplankton?

I need all the help I can get. Please.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't know much about Clownfish fry, but I would like to share what I seem to remember. Do, however, tank my words with a grain of salt, as I haven't read about this in a while.

Off the top of my head, I seem to think that it takes a little longer than a week for fry to hatch (approximately), and yes, you can move them to a separate tank. In fact you need to move the eggs over on the piece of live rock, otherwise they will become a snack for your fish. Just make sure all of your parameters are the same in your separate tank as your main tank.

Lastly, don't move the parents over with the babies, I believe that the parents will eat their young.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

have a look in my profile under the thread clownfish fry setup,it will answer a lot of your questions and more.
David S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Honestly dont bother out of all ur eggs prob not even 1 will suvive and it sounds sick but its a free feeding or you could try to raise them but its soo hard and expencive with low success odds for a fish you can buy for 20$ and if you want to sell them youll make prob like 2-4$ per fish so its yout choice
Old 05-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Its not hard too raise them,or expensive,you can raise fry with a salt bucket which you'll probably already have.Most of the stuff needed to raise them you will probably already have being into marine aquaria.its just rots and bbs you'll need to buy.the last lot of fry I sold for £5 each to a lfs or £15 to the public,the cost was less than £0.5 each.you do the math.
David S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown, clown fish, egg, eggs, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com