clown fish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mlopez

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i got a pair of occi clowns from the LFS yesterday and drip acclimated them for 4 hours
they seem happy swimming around my 30 gallon FOWLR tank.
one is a tiny bit bigger than the other, it looks like they swim around together but the bigger one some times nips at the little one..i saw him vibrate too after being nipped
i went to feed them this morning spectrum 1mm saltwater pellets but they wont eat ? seems like there too busy swimming around ?

I dont think i would acclimate a clown for 4 hours.... I doubt they liked that if they were sitting in a bucket without a bubbler or anything. And dont worry about them not eating... Its only been a day.. Try again later today or tomorrow and they will eat eventually

Well the nipping is figuring out a pecking order. :p as for eating don't be too worried. Try different food? Mine loves frozen. Sometimes they won't eat for a few days when they get to a new home.

Some fish don't eat for couple days after being introduced into tank. Don't add too much food while trying to entice them. The shaking you saw is the establishing who's in charge-the submissive one will shake in submission. Normal. Pics of new fish????

They look like they're getting along and swimming around together! That's great!

my clownfish is new for about a week and it barely eats

it only eats when i turn the powerhead on and he chases the food :/

You should always have the power head on. Mine only ate food that was moving for about a month then it slowly got to the point of eating out of my hand.

Khij159753 said:
You should always have the power head on. Mine only ate food that was moving for about a month then it slowly got to the point of eating out of my hand.

Agree. Clowns love playing in the current of the powerhead, and they current will keep detritus floating so that your filter/sump can remove it.

Back
Top Bottom