Clown Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rev190

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi..im having some prob with myblue damsel and clown as well.My clown only sticks to the corner of the tank and refuses to swim around. After reading this thread, i manage to catch the damsel and seperate it w the clown.Now my damsel is in the transparent container submerged in the water.Its been 3days since i manage to catch the damsel but my clown is still just swims in the corner. How can i make him come out n play!?

He is just being a clownfish. In nature, clownfish pick a coral to have a good relationship with, and settle in. In the aquarium, sometimes they'll choose a piece of equiptment, or just the corner of the tank as thier home, and they'll spend most of the time there. I wouldn't worry about it unless he's swimming funny or showing injuries.

LOL! I split this thread from another and forgot to post! I agree, clowns will be clowns. Mine (yellow stripe) was in with 5 other damsels, including a blue devil, and he would swim laps and then swim in a corner. None of the damsels ever bothered him.

My two clownfish have the run of my 29 gallon tank, and they still only stick to about a 10 inch area in the center, where their torch coral is. I agree...sounds like clownfish being clownfish.

They are very territorial fish and will find a spot as the others stated and stay in that area. How long have you had the clownfish?

ive had both of them for about 4 weeks now. Well since its the nature of a clown to do this..what do i do w my blue devil now? release it? or just keep it 'traped' in the container?

2) im planning to get another fish to accompany my clown, whats a good match? can i get another clown? btw..ive got a maroon clownfish (if im not mistaken)

rev190 said:
Well since its the nature of a clown to do this..what do i do w my blue devil now? release it?
As long as you don't see any aggression, the blue devil and clown should be ok. It shows he (the clown) is comfortable, since you had the damsel penned up and he stayed in the same place.

Back
Top Bottom