Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggersgalore View Post

That's awesome I would love to see it!
I'm going over there in a couple weeks to get a hippo tang from him that didn't grow as fast and is getting bullied now. He removed it and put it in his QT which is a 125 haha. He said its about 5-6" so it should look nice in my 210.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Haha a 125 QT?!? That's insane.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

He has several fish pushing a foot or better and a snowflake I think it was that was about 3foot
Old 08-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

What kind of filtration does he have??
Old 08-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggersgalore View Post
What kind of filtration does he have??
Oh man it's insane I have no clue how to describe it. I know he has a skimmer that's like 4foot tall, a white plastic pool type thing full of all kinds of macro algae and rock he uses as a refugium (he claimed it was 300 gallons of water after the rocks and equipment), a chiller the size of my house air conditioning system haha, big 4" drains it looked like, and an auto top off with a 75 gallon capacity plumbed directly to an rodi 150gpd system, there was much more, his tank was on the bottom floor but his refugium and everything was in what used to be a wine cellar and it takes up almost every inch of it with extra parts supplies and what not. I was going to ask about pictures but being the first time I had been there I was kind of skeptical, he said he uses some forums but not this one. So if you know a guy in Alabama with a tank like that its probably his lol and I was mistaken on his DT size it is 550 gallons idk where I got 400 from.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post

Oh man it's insane I have no clue how to describe it. I know he has a skimmer that's like 4foot tall, a white plastic pool type thing full of all kinds of macro algae and rock he uses as a refugium (he claimed it was 300 gallons of water after the rocks and equipment), a chiller the size of my house air conditioning system haha, big 4" drains it looked like, and an auto top off with a 75 gallon capacity plumbed directly to an rodi 150gpd system, there was much more, his tank was on the bottom floor but his refugium and everything was in what used to be a wine cellar and it takes up almost every inch of it with extra parts supplies and what not. I was going to ask about pictures but being the first time I had been there I was kind of skeptical, he said he uses some forums but not this one. So if you know a guy in Alabama with a tank like that its probably his lol and I was mistaken on his DT size it is 550 gallons idk where I got 400 from.
Wow. I have alway wanted to have a fish room for my filtration. Sounds like he has my dream tank. I'm jealous. I'm jealous of you because you get to go see it!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If he will let me ill take pictures of everything. He seemed really worried about letting some one see it for some reason.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Weird... I would want to show it off!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah I love when people come to my house and see my tank. It's my pride and joy. He was really cautious that I knew not to touch the acrylic as well so I'm assuming he has a significant amount of money in it and he protects it lol. I know what I have invested in my 210 and I would never be able to afford what he has haha
Old 08-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

I agree I have put tons of money in my 250. But I love showing people.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com