Clown triggerfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Triggersgalore

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just baught a clown triggerfish he is about 1/2 inch I have had these in the past but never this small does anybody know how fast they grow??

I just baught a clown triggerfish he is about 1/2 inch I have had these in the past but never this small does anybody know how fast they grow??

My clown trigger was 1" when I got him and in two years he reached 8-9" and turned aggressive. I rehomed him this week to a local guy's predator tank.

My clown trigger was 1" when I got him and in two years he reached 8-9" and turned aggressive. I rehomed him this week to a local guy's predator tank.

That's awesome! Haha I would have taken him! I have a 250 gallon pred tank!

That's awesome! Haha I would have taken him! I have a 250 gallon pred tank!

The guy that took him is local so I can still see him and watch him thrive. He has a 400 gallon acrylic ten foot long tank. The trigger still seems like he's confused on how far he can go since I had him in a 125 6ft then my 180 6ft until I sold him

The guy that took him is local so I can still see him and watch him thrive. He has a 400 gallon acrylic ten foot long tank. The trigger still seems like he's confused on how far he can go since I had him in a 125 6ft then my 180 6ft until I sold him

That's awesome what else does he have in that tank do you know??

That's awesome what else does he have in that tank do you know??

Yes he has several large angels, he has probably a dozen yellow tangs, i counted 4 hippo tangs, a clown tang, a ton of other assorted fish. Many fish that I think the trigger might find to be lunch but he didn't seem to worried lol

That is awesome! You should try to get some pictures and post them:)

That is awesome! You should try to get some pictures and post them:)

I will next time I go to his house. I just met him a few weeks ago when he was debating on buying my clown trigger. Don't want to over stay my welcome too much but he did say I could come view the clown since I have it to him so cheap. His tank is absolutely amazing. So much going on in there you can't focus on any one thing In there.

I will next time I go to his house. I just met him a few weeks ago when he was debating on buying my clown trigger. Don't want to over stay my welcome too much but he did say I could come view the clown since I have it to him so cheap. His tank is absolutely amazing. So much going on in there you can't focus on any one thing In there.

That's awesome I would love to see it!

That's awesome I would love to see it!

I'm going over there in a couple weeks to get a hippo tang from him that didn't grow as fast and is getting bullied now. He removed it and put it in his QT which is a 125 haha. He said its about 5-6" so it should look nice in my 210.

He has several fish pushing a foot or better and a snowflake I think it was that was about 3foot

What kind of filtration does he have??

Oh man it's insane I have no clue how to describe it. I know he has a skimmer that's like 4foot tall, a white plastic pool type thing full of all kinds of macro algae and rock he uses as a refugium (he claimed it was 300 gallons of water after the rocks and equipment), a chiller the size of my house air conditioning system haha, big 4" drains it looked like, and an auto top off with a 75 gallon capacity plumbed directly to an rodi 150gpd system, there was much more, his tank was on the bottom floor but his refugium and everything was in what used to be a wine cellar and it takes up almost every inch of it with extra parts supplies and what not. I was going to ask about pictures but being the first time I had been there I was kind of skeptical, he said he uses some forums but not this one. So if you know a guy in Alabama with a tank like that its probably his lol and I was mistaken on his DT size it is 550 gallons idk where I got 400 from.

Oh man it's insane I have no clue how to describe it. I know he has a skimmer that's like 4foot tall, a white plastic pool type thing full of all kinds of macro algae and rock he uses as a refugium (he claimed it was 300 gallons of water after the rocks and equipment), a chiller the size of my house air conditioning system haha, big 4" drains it looked like, and an auto top off with a 75 gallon capacity plumbed directly to an rodi 150gpd system, there was much more, his tank was on the bottom floor but his refugium and everything was in what used to be a wine cellar and it takes up almost every inch of it with extra parts supplies and what not. I was going to ask about pictures but being the first time I had been there I was kind of skeptical, he said he uses some forums but not this one. So if you know a guy in Alabama with a tank like that its probably his lol and I was mistaken on his DT size it is 550 gallons idk where I got 400 from.

Wow. I have alway wanted to have a fish room for my filtration. Sounds like he has my dream tank. I'm jealous. I'm jealous of you because you get to go see it!!!

If he will let me ill take pictures of everything. He seemed really worried about letting some one see it for some reason.

Yeah I love when people come to my house and see my tank. It's my pride and joy. He was really cautious that I knew not to touch the acrylic as well so I'm assuming he has a significant amount of money in it and he protects it lol. I know what I have invested in my 210 and I would never be able to afford what he has haha

I agree I have put tons of money in my 250. But I love showing people.

Back
Top Bottom