Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apinkmanatee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got two clown fish tonight! My first saltwater fish. I just have one concern. They seem to be swimming very hard and if they stop, they seem to be forced backwards. I just have two pumps, one on each side. Is it possible the current is too much for them?

Theyll be fine,they will adjust as long as its not so strong they cant go through it

Also, they are staying in the same spot. They are just getting acclimated right? I shouldn't be worried?

I wouldn't worry. I just got two clowns two weeks ago. They were my first two fish ever. They hang around the left side of my tank and rarely do the venture to the other side. Seems like when I feed I shut my water flow off and they will swim the length of the tank then but other than that they live around this big open rock.

Attachments

• image-872091016.jpg
    image-872091016.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 125
My clowns were swimming hard too and going crazy as if they were glad to have swimming room then started to stay in the same spot and now 4 days later they go all over the tank and my smaller one likes to use the ph as a catapult to get to the other side

Yep, it's perfectly normal for them to be in one spot. :) They should adapt to the tank soon and start exploring. My current pair stay in the exact same spot all day long sometimes coming out in the open but they stay to the back of the tank most of the time.

Thank you everyone for easing my mind!! When we got up this morning they did start swimming around the whole tank, and then after awhile went back to their little spot. They are so cute...they wiggle around just like puppies!

they love playing in the current , yes they also like to stay in one spot because its there main territory ,
mine come out every time I walk near the tank they always try to show off that's why there clowns
yes they are fun to watch
I also got mine to eat out of my hand they love that fresh shrimp
they won't touch the frozen stuff no more think I spoiled them lol

My clowns were swimming hard too and going crazy as if they were glad to have swimming room then started to stay in the same spot and now 4 days later they go all over the tank and my smaller one likes to use the ph as a catapult to get to the other side

That's so funny my little one was doing that this morning too. So cute!

They are very interesting to watch my lil ine is now starting to explore in the hammer coral

Mine is trying to host my flower pot
every time he comes close the flower pot closes up

the fist pict is how it should look
second pict is when clown tries to host it:eek::lol:

When should I start getting worried that they are not eating? I know it's normal for the first few days for them not to eat. My guys seem to be doing well...they still stay in the same spot, except for when I turn the phs off, one of them ventures into the tank a little further each day. I put some food in at this time, and today he went all the way up to it, but then back down again without eating. Should I try a different food? Or just wait it out? Also they seem to like it better without all the water movement...but the water circulation is important right? They are just going to have to get used to it right?

what are you trying to feed them ?
my guy loves fresh shrimp (they'll go crazy over it)
he eats pellets but he is very picky on what size they are anything over size of a pin head he wont touch ,Talk about a spoiled fish lol
I chop it up real fine and only feed what he will eat in a few minutes, trying not to over feed cause I hate a dirty tank

My clowns died :( brokynella i think as well as my lfs guy but my firefish died too :(

54seaweed said:
what are you trying to feed them ?
my guy loves fresh shrimp (they'll go crazy over it)
he eats pellets but he is very picky on what size they are anything over size of a pin head he wont touch ,Talk about a spoiled fish lol
I chop it up real fine and only feed what he will eat in a few minutes, trying not to over feed cause I hate a dirty tank

I am trying to feed them flakes. Maybe I should try some shrimp.

My clowns wouldn't eat either so I started soaking the flakes and frozen limpid in garlic. They go crazy over it.

Back
Top Bottom