Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dt524

Aquarium Advice Regular
I finally got a clownfish im soo excited! :D Its a perc. i was going to get a clarki but I love when people come and say "Look its nemo!!" I crack up everytime the say that.

But now what do i need to know about them?
Anything specific?
How am I sure its a perc and not an ocelleris?
What are your guys experinces with them?
Do all Percs go black after a while?

Sorry for all the questions
Thanx in advance
Dt524

Okay i really did do some research for like three months i just really wanted to know what you guys think is the most important thing about taking care of them.

Ive tried to tell them percs from ocelerius clowns but im horrible at it so i was just asking if you knew any easy ways that you tell

Okay ill try snd get a pic cause he just stays in the corner behind the rock right now.

Check out liveaquaria.com, look at the clowns and see wath you think...

If its a percula clown it's probably the false percula, it will have thinner black lines and more orange but IMO they are hardier than the true percs. Good luck.

DragonForce said:
If its a percula clown it's probably the false percula, it will have thinner black lines and more orange but IMO they are hardier than the true percs. Good luck.
Right, the True Percula have wider black and it looks more like it "bleeds" into the other color. False (Ocellaris ) have very distinguished lines and more black on the tail, if my memory serves me.
Innovator said:
Percs generally have thicker black margins and I believe one more dorsal spine, usually, than ocellaris 11:10 (anyone back this up?)
The true perks, yes (about the black color). As for dorsal spines...are you talking cheekspines? These are only in maroons (cheekspines).

Im sorry it took so long to reply
i wanna thank all you guys for your help
and heres a picture im sorry for the crappy quality
Now what do you guys think it is i think its an o. clownfish.

Just another question if it happens to be an o. clownfish and I get a perc. will the bond and cross breed. Just a question so please dont chew off my head for asking LOL

Attachments

• coral_149.jpg
    coral_149.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 265
That is an O Clown. They are not as aggressive as true Percs so you would be better off adding another O Clown the same size and doing it quick before the other settles in. Just MO

Heres my clown, notice how much black he has whereas the false perculas have thin lines and much more orange. Good luck, hardy fish!

Attachments

• clown_486.jpg
    clown_486.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 22
Thanx everyone for your help
That is a stunning fish you have there

Back
Top Bottom