clownfish and Anemone Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But they are like anemones and can host a clown just fine

Well there are cases where a torch or hammer will host a clown, but its not very common. My clown doesnt go anywhere near my frogspawn, torch, or hammer. It all depends

Both of my clowns have hosted my frogspawn within 24 hours of adding them to the tank. Kind of amazing.

fort384 said:
Both of my clowns have hosted my frogspawn within 24 hours of adding them to the tank. Kind of amazing.

I wish that would happen to me! I only have one clown though.,

[mod edit] it's not working. Search 120w led dimmable on ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
How many watts are needed per gallon? I heard it was 3...is that correct?

I have two 5 month old clowns that just started to host in my torch coral. It took them 3-4 weeks before trying. Of course the bigger clown usually doesn't let the other one come in. Just tonight I saw the "outcast" getting cozy with my frogspawn. The torch coral was added a week after the clowns.
I have heard that you can tape a picture of a clownfish in a host to your tank and your clown will imitate. I never got around to trying it but here's some pics of mine.

image-3535985417.jpg

image-2550003419.jpg

Those are very good colors what do you feed them. And what type of lighting are you using

Haha. Thanks. I do nothing special. I have a JBJ 12gal nano cube and I am currently using the stock lighting (2x24watt CFLs 50/50). The clowns are tank raised and I feed them nutrifin flakes and some pellets for now. The lighting works great for reds and orange, but not so much for greens.

I was told It's frogspawn. It's growing well but it doesn't have all the nobs like other frogspawn. I'm hoping that changes as it gets bigger.

image-1600752574.jpg

Ya I know what type of lights are you using now cause those Colorado are Si good

I think I'm gonna have to agree with Nu-Nu..looks like a hammer but if does start to grow the knobs then it is definitely a frogspawn! How did you get that torch and "frogspawn" so close? I thought they had to be very spaced apart

A few of the tentacles do have knobs. It was a cheap Craigslist purchase so I didn't really care which type it was :)
As far as closeness, they aren't as close as they look. Of course that doesn't mean it will not be a problem down the road. The torch and the frogspawn are from the same family so they might "get along" if they aren't too close and only touch occasionally (what I've been told). This is the problem with small tanks. You fill it with coral in the beginning so it looks cool and bc you're impatient, but then you end up selling some when they get too big.

Back
Top Bottom