Clownfish behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tracie6283

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a black and whit clown and a plain ol orange and black clown. Recently the orange one has been hiding in the corner and as we speak he's "laying" on the base of the power head. The black one keeps swimming over to him and doing a little shake. I've seen this shake in my cichlids when they're trying to mate. Is this the same behavior?

Sweet. Is it hard to get them to actually spawn or is it rare in home tanks? Also what should I look out for or what is the process? Also pics:

Attachments

• image-3329128033.jpg
    image-3329128033.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 122
  • image-1142006057.jpg
    image-1142006057.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image-4018852478.jpg
    image-4018852478.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 100
The one shaking is submitting to the other who will become the female. It takes some time but they're on their way to becoming a mating pair. Once they are with good water quality they'll spawn every 2 weeks. Its a process to raise the fry but there are threads on it.

I'm just afraid about the stress on the orange one. The black one won't stop chasing him/her and at one point he/she jumped so close to the top of the water I was afraid it'd jump out. How long does that usually last?

Its part of the process. It should be fine. Its definately not an overnight thing. Tough to put a time to it as it takes different pairs different length of time. The chasing, "bullying", and other behavior like that is fine. Nipping fins and such is when you should worry. Btw, your black and white clown is awesome. Wish I had a pair of em lol.

Back
Top Bottom