ClownFish Behavior!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know Clownfish get their names because of the Behavior, I just bought a pair of what are suppose to be True Percula Clownfish, but I don't think they are.

Just wondering about some behavior from experience owners.

First my clowns were drip acclimated for an hour and half. I kept taking old water out and letting the drip fill the little container back up. So they are acclimated well into the tank.

All they do is swim around on one corner of my tank next to the heater and the filter hose. At night I thought one had died on me because he was sleeping on the plastic part of the heater in between the glass and the heater. It freaked me out, but as soon as the lights came on he was up and swimming. He had done this for the last few nights, and the other simply sleeps in the corner kind of boobing up and down.

What actions should I be concerned over? They are eating three times a day right now. I got pellets for them and also brine shrimp. They eat well. They are about one inch right now. It's been 5 days now that I have had them, and this Friday a Six Line Wrasse is going to grace my tank. :p

Merry Christmas everyone!! Thanks for the help.

Mine were like that at firsT but are now brilliant and love darting through the gaps in my live rock. Very active most the time. I would just give them time. 3 feedings may be too much though not that they won't like it just be careful of over feeding your tank as this can cause bad water parameters. I feed mine once a day but have read of people feeding every few days so

Yeah, I am only feeding small amounts, to the point of like two or three pellets each. I got my cleaning crew of 6 hermit crabs and 2 peppermint shrimp to clean up after leftovers. I want them to be healthy and strong fish, I don't want to kill my clowns. :p

There is black lines. I have an identification thread open. But I will post another pic. I just want to know what behavior is normal and what should I be worried about. New owner here. :p

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3061.jpg
    IMG_3061.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 95
Fish Sticks

There is black lines. I have an identification thread open. But I will post another pic. I just want to know what behavior is normal and what should I be worried about. New owner here. :p

Maybe they read your Fish Sticks line.:ermm:

If they are still sleeping in strange places you might rearranging your rocks to give them more places to hide.

I got my heater on one side, and I got two tempter readings. My digital reads 80 degrees and I got the tempter part on the bottom of the tank on the opposite of the heater.

My on the glass tempter readings say the same thing, on the front of the tank.

If they are eating they should be ok. My clowns swam in the exact same place as yours for the first week. Now they are all over the tank.

Back
Top Bottom