Clownfish Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So the first two fish in this tank were a pair of Black Ocellaris Clowns, which picked an fake coral decoration near the top of the tank to host. Normal clown behavior. I added the second run of fish and nothing changed, they barely took note.

Today added the next and final fish to the tank, and the bigger of the pair has been sprinting around the tank like mad. Not attacking the new additions, and not running into anything. He doesn't seem to be breathing hard when he does stop, and no other fish is bothering him. Neither has gone in their decoration either. I did add some snails this go-round, which I dumped in the decoration out of ease since it is near the top of the water. I figured they would disperse and the clowns were not in it at the time. They have pretty much all moved out now.

So do you guys think they are just out of sorts due to the new additions and should calm down in a bit? I have left the lights off most of the day due to the new additions, and I know clowns are subject to odd behavior. Any opinions?

Back
Top Bottom