Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
So my clown was murdered last night. Any suggestions as what I should do with the remaining one? A cruel and unusual punishment is the first thing that came to mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111227_135601.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	67288  

Fird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to nohika
...you do realize they're fish, right? Punishing the other clown for being a fish - an aggressive fish, as clowns are damsels - is not the choice that many others here would make.

nohika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Don't rule out the fact that the smaller one was sick anyway. I've had experience with a pair for 3 years. When one got sick, the other would harass the other to no end. Took the smaller one/harasee (new word) out and treated it. When it was well, I returned it to the main and the larger one ran to great it and they were fine for the next 4 years. Not unusual to have a fish know another is sick LONG before you know.

Do not punish the remaining fish!! She was just doing what fish do. Try a new, much smaller mate.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clownfish, fight

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com