clownfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

triggerman888

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon with some live rock and just got 2 tomato clowns. One is about 2 inches and th other is about 1 inch. I have heard they can be pretty mean. Currently i have just damsels with them and a anenome that the clowns host with. My question is will the tomatos be ok with the damles and are there any fish i shouldnt keep with the tomatos?

What kind of damsels? I have a blue devil and he is mean, the 2 three stripped ones I have are not as mean as the blue and my two yellow tails are pretty docile (unless the others come near their territory). I believe the maroon clowns tend to be the meanest. The tomato clowns are semi-aggressive. I would tend to think, if they are tank bread, they might not be as aggressive...?

well they are tank bred so i just hope they wont attack any new fish i put in the tank.

I have found some damsels can become more aggressive as they get older. My blue devil and 3 stripes killed my royal gramma.

roka64 said:
I have found some damsels can become more aggressive as they get older. My blue devil and 3 stripes killed my royal gramma.

I agree, as damsels get larger, they will become pretty agressive.

Back
Top Bottom