Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-18-2008, 01:22 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

any idea why my clowns just swim in the corner.. its seems like they have are hard time swimming around the tank. is it because my hydor korlia powerhead? last thing i want is theyre uncomfortable and get all stress out

madstyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
I had mine for over 1 year now and they do the same thing. Once in a while they will venture out to other parts of the tank, but they rush back to the corner after a few seconds of exploring. I guess its normal, because at my lfs most of the clowns in their show tanks hang out by their anemone and never leave that spot. except during feeding time, mine go nuts and swim all over the tank....

FloridaNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:28 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
my clowns circle the top part of the tank. they take it slow around most of the tank of then in the front part of the tank they ride the flow of the powerhead and wiggle their bodies in the current like surfing a wave. they do this over and over again all day.

120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
This is normal . Clowns will host to diffrent spots in a tank , my male has started to host his own patch of gsp sporadically ....The female hosts the PH in the corner , tho mine will swim to the front of the tank if I walk into the room ... If I sit on one seat they sit there and swim, if I move so do they Clowns are not really overly active swimmers , I have 2 that swim quite a bit tho for clowns As long as they are eating and have no "specks" of salt on them , or have "peeling" skin (like you get with a sunburn ) or are not breathing funny , they should be fine they are just being clowns
Nanoreefing site
2 nanos
10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clowns

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com