clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madstyle1

Aquarium Advice Freak
any idea why my clowns just swim in the corner.. its seems like they have are hard time swimming around the tank. is it because my hydor korlia powerhead? last thing i want is theyre uncomfortable and get all stress out

thanks!

I had mine for over 1 year now and they do the same thing. Once in a while they will venture out to other parts of the tank, but they rush back to the corner after a few seconds of exploring. I guess its normal, because at my lfs most of the clowns in their show tanks hang out by their anemone and never leave that spot. except during feeding time, mine go nuts and swim all over the tank....

my clowns circle the top part of the tank. they take it slow around most of the tank of then in the front part of the tank they ride the flow of the powerhead and wiggle their bodies in the current like surfing a wave. they do this over and over again all day.

This is normal . Clowns will host to diffrent spots in a tank , my male has started to host his own patch of gsp sporadically ....The female hosts the PH in the corner , tho mine will swim to the front of the tank if I walk into the room ... If I sit on one seat they sit there and swim, if I move so do they :) Clowns are not really overly active swimmers , I have 2 that swim quite a bit tho for clowns :) As long as they are eating and have no "specks" of salt on them , or have "peeling" skin (like you get with a sunburn ) or are not breathing funny , they should be fine they are just being clowns :)

Back
Top Bottom