clowns fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmkx3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I lost one of my clowns back in Nov( the larger of the 2) I just bought a new clown yesterday. I bought one that was smaller than the remaining clown because it is a male and I know you can't mix females. The new clown is pacing like crazy and the original clown acts like he doesn't like the new clown. He nips at the new clown when it swims by and does chase sometimes. Is this just an adjustment period or is something else going on?:silly:

Just give them time and let mother nature takes it's course. ;) They may pair up, or they may not.

I lost one of my clowns back in Nov( the larger of the 2) I just bought a new clown yesterday. I bought one that was smaller than the remaining clown because it is a male and I know you can't mix females. The new clown is pacing like crazy and the original clown acts like he doesn't like the new clown. He nips at the new clown when it swims by and does chase sometimes. Is this just an adjustment period or is something else going on?:silly:

What kind of Clowns do you have?

Sounds normal to me. If the clown is indeed male (around 2yrs old) the female (if even female at this point) then she is showing her dominance.
If not, clowns can be mean to lots of newcomers, even another clow. Give it time to explore the tank and find a secure spot.

Back
Top Bottom