Clowns in 5G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Esra

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys.

I'm thinking of converting an unused FW 5G tank to SW and only having 2 clowns in there.

Would this be ok for the fish? I have seen the exact set up i want at my LFS and wanted to mirror that. They just had a very small tank, some sand and coral and the clowns in there.

That would be tough for 2 in a 5 gallon , there would be to much fish waste for that size tank. I would strongly advise against one but if you must get a small perc or ocellaris, but please realize that it will need moved to a larger system ... I would recommend a small goby or an all invert system .

yeah, i wouldnt do the clowns in there. there have been instances of 2 clowns in a 10 gal, but im not sure that that is a nice thing to do to the clowns. a smaller goby might be fine. the invert idea is a great one...

I saw a cool goby at the lfs today its colors looked like cookies and cream ice cream, it was tiny also so it maybe a good one for a 5 gallon tank.

Mobile inverts would be out of the question if the tank has ever been medicated with copper.

Back
Top Bottom