Clowns stay in the corner of the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got new clowns and when released they swam around but now they stay in the corner of the tank. Could it be my goby since hes staring down!?

image-3337489358.jpg

Nah dude clowns are wierd and they do that. My clowns swim against the filter intake and get suctioned to it, wierd fish. Normal though.

Yes. We have had one with our clownfish before. They are just getting to know each other :)

I have heard and was told that when clown's do this sort of thing, they are being harassed. What other types of fish do u have? My did the same thing when I put um in. I had some azure damsels that are like little kids teasing them or just trying to show them that there not wanted. After a while they settled down, but they stayed the opposite side of the tank for the remainder of there life. Give it some time, it should get better

Im not sure about the behavior habbits of the goby does it have an attitude? And my experience with chromis is that they are shy and peaceful, but then again, they're in the damsel family. I would say get some more LR to give your clown more places to hide, other than that only time will tell

I have two clowns and a green mandarin. The clowns stay in the same area all the time. I would think clowns would only require a ten gallon tank and they wouldn't even use that up

My goby can be aggressive at times but has never tried to attack the clowns but has bin staring at them since i put them in, and the chromis for some reason leave there side.

@jones i bin thinking of getting a mandarin, are they hardy?

Every clown pair I have had have hung out in a corner. lol It's perfectly normal. I had a pink spotted watchman goby in the tank too and he left them alone. If that goby does show aggression it will be an open mouth lunge at the fish, thats how mine shows aggression. lol But he's all talk and no action and has never actually bitten any fish or caught any. lol

I have a clarkii that swims all over the tank but has his resting spot near the corner and when my sleepy gold head goby comes out all they do is swim together. Fireface goby stays on one side and doesn't bother any of them and my scooter blenny does his own thing.

@carey thanks for the info lol yeah my goby is a character also

Two a sleeper gold head and a firefish but the firefish goby stays by himself since he is smaller then the clarkii and sleeper gold head

They are supposed to be hardy fish and since mine is still alive I would agree with that. Supposed to have an established tank and the mandarin is supposed to require expert level care cause they only eat pods but mine eats frozen.

Back
Top Bottom