Collected algaes at the beach & put them in my tank... Oops?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeaq

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got something that looks like red gracilaria, something called dead mans fingers, and some green seaweed. Rinsed them off & threw them in my 10 gallon that houses 2 clowns and live rock.

It's been about a week & today I noticed some small white organisms all over the tank glass.

They remind me of pulsating Xenia, as they look like a flower when open, but then close into a perfect circle.

Anyone know what this can be?

Should I remove my clowns asap? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404310021.812086.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, you can't see anything from the picture...but it could be just about anything. Gathering stuff from the beach and putting it into your tank is a bad idea. There are all kinds of pollutants that can come into your system that way, let alone parasites and whatever else.
In terms of removing the clowns, the decision was already made and I doubt it is hurting anything...so pretty lucky on that part depending what the things are you are describing are.

Back
Top Bottom