College Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kthehun89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What are your recomendations for a saltwater tank that would be suitable for college? Some thing smaller then 55 gal. Any hel

55 gallon then, or the next size down that you have room for. With SW, the bigger, the more stable plus more options.

trust me, im in college, and you dont want to be lugging around a huge tank. get some books do your reserach and fyi my first tank was a 10. bigger is better, but i realize its not always in the budget or the size range. 20's and 29's are also easily moveable sizes, 30's are pretty long, but if you want length over height you should be able to manage. what kind of tank were you looking to start? FOWLR, FO, or reef? any ideas on fish?

I had a 29 in college and actually have it running still :) You can get a 20 long that has the same foot print but is shorter.

With a smaller tank just be careful to not put a lot of fish in it. Have corals and inverts and the bioload will be your friend.

Back
Top Bottom