Compatibility..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shroom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, i'm thinking of starting a 30 gallon FOWLR tank and the fish that i want to keep in it are..

-Dwarf Lionfish
-Bi-Color Angelfish
-Ghost Eel

but i was wondering if anyone could tell me if 1-2 more fish/invert might be compatible with these fish at 30 gallons?

I think that specific combo might be a bit too much for a 30G. All of those can live in a 30G but you are talking about adult sixe:
Bicolor Angelfish Up to 6"
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish Up to 7"
Ghost Eel Up to 1' 8"
That seems like quit a bit of length of fish.
Not too sure about eels, but I don't think they would do well in any 30G tank, but I could be incorrect.
I would tend to think those three would be a huge bio-load.

Welcome to AquariumAdivce.com :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
I agree. That is not a lot of realestate for that list. I suggest looking at more community oriented fish. A dwarf angel like a flame or coral beauty, royal gramma, clowns, purple firefish, sixline wrasse, gobies or chromis are some options.

Oh man! I didn't see that!
WELCOME TO AA!!
Where are my manners?

Now that i think about it... i think i am gonna go with more smaller fish, can anyone comment on this list?

1 Valentinni Puffer
1-2 Clowns (either tomato if i can find a pair, or another kind)
1 Coral Beauty
1 Brittle Star

and maybe, MAYBE a six lined- wresse if the above will work but if not no big whoops and if i had to take a fish or two out they would probably be the beauty and brittle star..

Would they all work in a 30 gallon? (30x17x14)

The puffer will grow pretty fast and make meals of those folks, not to mention, he will out grow that tank. Trust me, I know how you feel, I really want a puffer and a few others that are not suitable for my tank. I am just waiting to get a bigger tank, even if it is 2-4 years down the road....sigh...

Valentinni's stay small though only 2-4 inches and it says that they can be kept in 20 gallon tanks... hmm..

The puffer may stay small but the may start nipping at the other fish. Aside from the puffer I'd say that list looks pretty good! I could be wrong about the puffer though so hopefully someone with some more experience with them can give you a little more insight.

Yeah, i checked at my LFS and they said the puffer and clown would get along but their may be trouble with the coral beauty and that it may depend on the puffer, i'll just have to monitor them and if neccisary move the puffer to its own tank or trade in the coral..

Back
Top Bottom