Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Compatibility with Sea Slugs and Stocking Question

Yesterday I posted about the mysterious death of my goatfish and sea slug. (You can read about it here ). Moving forward, I want to get another sea slug because they are very cool to look at. However, I want to make sure that whatever other fish I stock won't eat it.

Right now I have a Coral Beauty, Diamond Goby, Turbo Snail, and 2 Margarita Snails in my 30g FOWLR tank. What types of fish are going to be good for a 30g, play nice with my other stock, and not eat a sea slug?

I really like colorful and active fish and would prefer something that doesn't have any strange dietary needs (I currently feed mysis shrimp and a pellet food that my LFS suggested).

cbnimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Any fish who is listed as reef safe, will be fine. Anything listed as picking or eating inverts would be a no no. If you find something you like, let us know to double check.

Also, my sea slug knowledge is admittedly small, but there is a lingering memory that when they die they release a toxin into the tank? Something to double check on when you get your particular species. I could be a total liar.
Links to old builds:
12DX LED Build
Frag Tank (Fixed Link)
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote

compatibility, sea, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com