Compatibility with Sea Slugs and Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbnimble

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday I posted about the mysterious death of my goatfish and sea slug. (You can read about it here ). Moving forward, I want to get another sea slug because they are very cool to look at. However, I want to make sure that whatever other fish I stock won't eat it.

Right now I have a Coral Beauty, Diamond Goby, Turbo Snail, and 2 Margarita Snails in my 30g FOWLR tank. What types of fish are going to be good for a 30g, play nice with my other stock, and not eat a sea slug?

I really like colorful and active fish and would prefer something that doesn't have any strange dietary needs (I currently feed mysis shrimp and a pellet food that my LFS suggested).

Any fish who is listed as reef safe, will be fine. Anything listed as picking or eating inverts would be a no no. If you find something you like, let us know to double check.

Also, my sea slug knowledge is admittedly small, but there is a lingering memory that when they die they release a toxin into the tank? Something to double check on when you get your particular species. I could be a total liar.

Back
Top Bottom