Compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jones1483

Aquarium Advice Activist
Going to buy two shrimp tomorrow but in the next few weeks I wanna get a fox face lo yellow tang and raccoon butterfly fish. All said to use caution with inverts. Do u guys think I will be okay or any advice?

So u are saying eventually they will eat the shrimp? What should I get to clean up left over food if not inverts?

Not all inverts like larger hermits or emerald crabs should be fine

To be honest, you really don't NEED a clean up crew if you keep your sandbed clear and don't overfeed or overstock. There should be powerheads in the tank that suspend any food or other gunk from the sandbed until your filter can catch it.

Yah but they help and they are fun to watch interact in your tank sometimes

I haven't owned one but I hear a long spine sea urchin is great for clean up and they are able to protect themselves from predator type fish if the rest of you clean up crew becomes lunch.

Are you putting all those in your new 75g at once? IMO, that may be trouble. 3 big fish in a new tank will likely start a new mini cycle or new tank syndrome. Plus, that tang may not end up playing nice with 2 similarly looking fish. And a YT in a 75g is stretching it.

IMO

I appreciate everyone's opinion as I am new to the hobby. I know I am going to make my mistakes but want to prevent what I can. I was wanting all three in my tank but due to the yellow tang I will only get the fox face and yellow tang. I have read lots of posts from all sorts of sites and it seems like it is 50/50 split in the yellow tang in a 75 but I am gonna try it.

I was hoping to put two in at once and get the third later. I read to add two fish at once so one isn't singled out. Hoping they aren't fully grown when I get them

Back
Top Bottom