Conch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaleHauze

Aquarium Advice Freak
Monday i added 2 fighting conches to my tank. They buried into the sand and so far are just sitting there. Is this normal or will they start moving around when they settle

You will probably find that you won't see them much at all. I also have had two for over a year, I very rarely see them through the day, they can bury themselves in the sand for weeks but after lights out they often come out. It used to worry me incase they died in the sand bed but now I can usually see where they are... They like to still see what's going on!

Attachments

• image-950844003.jpg
    image-950844003.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 91
Is it common for them to stay in the same place for 4 days buried with an eye poking out?

After I added my conch he came out the first day or two and then didn't come out for almost a month. I thought it had died. After that it now comes out daily.

I see my conch trolling through the sand all the time he leaves a trail of high sand behind him

Ok ill keep an eye on them i have researched what they do but its harder to find out how they do it

Yep, they can say buried in one place for a while. He's probably eating stuff in the sand and doesn't need to move around a lot. When that spot runs out of food and he gets hungry, he'll move.

Back
Top Bottom