Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I agree. Start slow and small and work your way up. This is from experience, I went through ALOT of coral before I got on track. even now my limit is $50 for a coral or fish. I can't afford to lose more than that in one shot lol and it seems reasonable.
that was my limit too! Any coral over $50 is probably too big anyway. Part of the fun is growing the coral from tiny to huge, IMO. Maybe tomorrow ill pick up a couple

Edit- I also just noticed my longnose is wiggling his head occasionally. I just did a water Change, could there be something in the water that he doesn't like? It's not like a parasite kinda twitch (I've seen that before, not a pretty sight lol). If it was a parasite, he would probably be dead by now because I've had him 2 months! Of maybe he's just being silly like usual and I'm just super paranoid. I'm gonna add some prime to be sure

Old 07-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I was concerned the "wiggle-twitch" might be flukes, sooooo I tried to do a fw bath to see and he's too hard to catch. I didn't want to stress him too much. So, long story short, doing prazipro in the dt. I hear it works wonders in deworming fish and killing flukes. We'll see. There's always setbacks! Ugh, and it always happens to me. Lol

I feel like since I seemed to always pick out the sick fish, I have every med I will ever need lol. I got culramine, prazipro, paraguard, melafix, pimafix, maracyn, quick cure, ich attack. I feel like a drug dealer....for fish!!

And since prazipro is pretty darn reef safe, I might still get my mushroom tomorrow

Old 07-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Crap, Carey I remember you told me that you only temp acclimated corals and have never had a problem, right? I forgot to ask earlier.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I temp acclimate by floating the bag, just like fish. Then I dip each coral in a dip such as coralrx or the new one I just got which is revive by 2 little fishies. If you dont dip you risk bringing in flatworms and other icky critters. I just dipped 5 corals the other day and a bunch of crap came floating out, bristleworms and some other tiny worms.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
I temp acclimate by floating the bag, just like fish. Then I dip each coral in a dip such as coralrx or the new one I just got which is revive by 2 little fishies. If you dont dip you risk bringing in flatworms and other icky critters. I just dipped 5 corals the other day and a bunch of crap came floating out, bristleworms and some other tiny worms.
Oh yeah, I'm done with parasites. I bought two little fishes revive to dip them in. So, you just temp acclimate then dip in coralrx with tank water, and add it to the tank?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I rinse the frags or corals in fresh saltwater after the dip but yeah, pretty simple. Just follow the directions, swirl it around for awhile and leave it for like 10 minutes.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
I rinse the frags or corals in fresh saltwater after the dip but yeah, pretty simple. Just follow the directions, swirl it around for awhile and leave it for like 10 minutes.
Thanks!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I swear. I am going to drive myself crazy. I change my mind too much.

I was thinking, and thought I'd rather have non reef safe fish than reef safe with corals. Plus, Ted (my current butterfly) could rip apart any I may get. I am definitely getting an angel now, and a puffer (divers den just got a GORGEOUS Papuan Toby and SOMEONE BOUGHT IT right before I could). I plan on ordering a couple fish from LA tomorrow and throw them in quarantine so they will be ready for the tank by mid August

Updates to come!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

You should sign up for the LA alert system! It is really helpful and great!
https://www.liveaquaria.com/DiversDe...ignUp_form.cfm
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
You should sign up for the LA alert system! It is really helpful and great!
https://www.liveaquaria.com/DiversDe...ignUp_form.cfm
Thanks!! I just did now I'll be the first to know lol. I placed an order with LA this morning, it wasnt divers den, so they'll be in qt for a while. I've always wanted to order from divers den though.

I'll post pics tomorrow!!

Tags
converting, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com