Converting 60 to FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, today is not a good day. I noticed yesterday that the longnose stopped eating. I thought he just wasn't hungry or something. Everything else seemed normal. Wake up today, he's stuck to the power head, dead :( poor guy. I feel like a horrible fish keeper. It could have been because he was thin I guess, but he was getting better. Parameters are all good too. I don't think I'm gonna buy fish from anywhere else but live aquaria now. I've just had horrible luck with local fish. :( all I have left are my clown and the new arrivals in qt. after they go into the main tank, I think I'm gonna not buy any more fish for a while

i am really sorry to hear he died. You were trying so hard to fatten him up too. Don't blame yourself, sometimes they just waster away no matter what we do.

i am really sorry to hear he died. You were trying so hard to fatten him up too. Don't blame yourself, sometimes they just waster away no matter what we do.

And can diatoms be stringy? Like snotty? My first thought when I saw them was dinos, but I've dealt with them before and they don't have oxygen bubbles at all. These aren't quite as snotty as Dino's would Be either

I am really sorry about the loss, George.

Don't let it get you down, however, as it happens to all of us. :)

Do you guys think I should try another longnose? I really love that fish, but don't wanna overstock or struggle to keep it fat. I was considering a small foxface instead, do you think that's a better choice?

In my opinion that would be a better choice over a butterfly. They are just a tough fish to master keeping care of.

In my opinion that would be a better choice over a butterfly. They are just a tough fish to master keeping care of.

Yeahhh, you're right. Fox faces are cool too, ill have to feed him lots of veggies :) this raccoon will be my last butterfly, so far so good :) he's eating seaweed really well. I don't think he'll get too thin like the last one

Oh, you have a replacement fish already? lol
Haha no :p I typed that wrong I guess. Well, looking back on it i don't know why I said that I was talking about the other butterfly I guess lol DOH! I need cash lol, no new fish for a while :(

Fish looks normal to me. Looks like a great price too. :)

Back off Carey!!! haha, I'm just kidding :p

But hopefully I can pull the trigger soon. He's been in divers den for like 3 weeks. No one wants him haha

Might be a great fish for you then, not one that everyone is clamoring for. I've found the best fish are the ones off the beaten track. :)

Might be a great fish for you then, not one that everyone is clamoring for. I've found the best fish are the ones off the beaten track. :)

Yeah I dont know why hes still there. I guess no one wants a really young fish that hasnt colored up too much yet. I think its better to watch a fish grow up

Whoa, been a while. time for a little update. of course, the butterflyfish started showing signs of flukes, so I've been doing prazipro again. But he's not twitching anymore :) so all the fish are good. I still have the raccoon, angel and clown only, they've been eating very well and always get excited when I come home.

I added a powerhead (750 GPH) inside one of the rocks to add some more flow over the rocks and stop detritus from building up. My next step would be a clean up crew to take care of some of the detritus, which is building up because I feed seaweed daily. Could I feed seaweed maybe 3 times a week and sill be okay?

Also, I was thinking of maybe adding a sea cucumber (if the butterfly wouldn't harass it) to keep the sand bed clean. Anyone have experience with them?

Here's the tank now, it's cloudy from the prazi, but I'm clearing it up with some polyfill image-444362009.jpg Oh, and I need to wipe the glass!

Guess what? My nitrates are near ZERO too!! Whoo

Here's some updated pics of the fishies :) image-3079101581.jpg image-2730307094.jpg

image-13991277.jpg

image-3403857335.jpg

The angel always runs from the camera, so she's always blurry!

Back
Top Bottom