Converting to 150 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landshark

Aquarium Advice Activist
If I take my live rock and sand fron my 30 gallon tank and put it in my 150 tank will it have to be cycled?? Ill be scooping out the sand from a 6month established tank.

If I take my live rock and sand fron my 30 gallon tank and put it in my 150 tank will it have to be cycled?? Ill be scooping out the sand from a 6month established tank.

The live rock and sand will help cycle your new tank I believe. I am new to this too.

The live rock and sand will help cycle your new tank I believe. I am new to this too.

You are going to need more liverock obviously haha but it will help the cycle as mentioned before. Still... I'd just cycle the tank like you normally would. Also, when I switched tanks I did research and many people say to just ditch the sand and get new sand. That's what I did and I'm glad I did! Hope this helps!

Doesnt the used sand and gravel have alot of bacteria in it ??........I guess I could by more sand .Im growing my own live rocks at the moment.The other batch turned out quite nice,plus it saved me some sweet moolah.Thanks for the helpful tips.

Doesnt the used sand and gravel have alot of bacteria in it ??........I guess I could by more sand .Im growing my own live rocks at the moment.The other batch turned out quite nice,plus it saved me some sweet moolah.Thanks for the helpful tips.

It does, but I read that it can cause big spikes in nitrates and that overall it's better to just go with fresh sand!

Back
Top Bottom