copper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
for u people that have used poly filters to get rid of copper how long do theses absorb before you have to change them out.i emailed the company i i think they said a week.i have a 75 gal and have used two so far.i bought another yesterday and cut in half and its been about 19 hours and is a sky blue.

I don't know what kind of answer you want to hear. I already told you the same thing the company told you. You added a double dose of copper while there was sand in the tank. The sand absorbed the copper and now it has to leech back out.
If you want the removal process to go faster, throw out all your sand and buy new sand.

seachem also sells one for copper that can be regenerated over and over its called cuprisorb

thats what im gonna have to buy cause i already spent thirty bucks on the poly filters and i could of done it cheaper.i still have copper coming on the filters .should of listened to people on here with the wait two months and the ich will die.i had 6 weeks and two to go now im past that and still have copper.i need to be more patient.

Sorry about your problem but unfortunately you should never medicate your display tank thats why its important the set up a qt tank

believe me i learned my lesson.sure is getting costly

Back
Top Bottom