Coral banded cat shark egg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had an ammonia spike in his tank and tryed for a week to drop the levels but after all the stress from everything he didn't make it

It actually hatched about 2 weeks ago lol. It's started eating squid readily and have fed it about 3 times now. Here's a pic

Attachments

• image-686483055.jpg
    image-686483055.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 239
Bige said:
Whats it in? How big was it when it was born?

Right now it's in a plastic container that is 12" x 18" until it starts eating regularly and can find its own food without requiring me to put the food in front of it. It was about 5-6" when it hatched.

slitherbomb said:
It's doing wonderfully. It's been eating squid for the past ~3 weeks and has grown about 1/2".

Cool. I Rearranged my furniture and am now able to fit a 220 there!! I'm hoping I can get it and cycle it by January.

Sorry to ask a question but do you n=know how long I could keep one in a 150g? What about a coral catshark?

Ibrahim said:
Cool. I Rearranged my furniture and am now able to fit a 220 there!! I'm hoping I can get it and cycle it by January.
Lemeownwsjsiwkqjwoqjqmqkwnsm!!!!!!! Dude that's awesome! What are you planning to put inside?

slitherbomb said:
Lemeownwsjsiwkqjwoqjqmqkwnsm!!!!!!! Dude that's awesome! What are you planning to put inside?

I was thinking about a stingray and a catshark or maybe a catshark and some tangs, triggers, and a lionfish

slitherbomb said:
It actually hatched about 2 weeks ago lol. It's started eating squid readily and have fed it about 3 times now.

So what is the shark in now? Still that tiny container? Have you even ordered your 300 yet? What's the footprint of the 300?

Ibrahim said:
I was thinking about a stingray and a catshark or maybe a catshark and some tangs, triggers, and a lionfish

Stingrays need a HUGE open sandbed. I wouldn't put one even in a 220.

Do you know how long I could keep a coral catshark? Sorry to use this thread but all of the shark people are here and I could never do that lol. By the way slither nice looking shark and good luck with him!!!!!

Yes he's still in the "tiny" container. I'm trying to get him to start hunting down the food I put in there so he won't starve in the 75g I put him in. The 300g is going to be 96" x 30" x 25". It's going to be order around February and will probably be fully setup around march/ April.

Back
Top Bottom