Coral Banded Shrimp and Yellow Clown Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pimp My Fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I bought a CBS today for my 10 gallon aquarium but am having second thoughts about getting it mainly since I hear they can be aggressive to small fish. The only thing in my tank right now are some snails, the shrimp, and a very small hermit crab but I plan to add a clown goby to the tank since it is the main reason I got the tank. I really don't want to find out if the goby will become shrimp food and was wondering if I'm better off selling/donating the shrimp and getting something else.

My tank has been running for about 9 months and all the parameters are good.

Any Advice Would Be Appreciated!

It's definitely possible that the shrimp will go after the fish. How about a skunk cleaner shrimp instead? Sexy shrimp?

It's definitely possible that the shrimp will go after the fish. How about a skunk cleaner shrimp instead? Sexy shrimp?

Skunk cleaners have way more personality than the cbs. By far my favorite shrimp. Sexies are cool to, but better in small tanks as they tend to disappear in large tanks.

Alright, thanks for the advice I will attempt to sell the shrimp at my lfs. BTW are there any other fish I could add to my aquarium other than the goby?

in a 10g you prob will see aggression from the cb shrimp
I have 2 and never seen any aggression but my tank is a lot bigger 90g
you never know though depending how big your shrimp is , thats the factor if it's a small cb you may just get lucky not seeing any aggression

Thanks for the replies guys I took him to my lfs today and donated him. Kinda lame since my impulsiveness lost me $15 but at least I saved him from Petco and a yellow clown from potentially being lunch.

Back
Top Bottom